Dorset Council Household Support Fund

Dorset Council logo
CAiD Logo 275

Welcome to the Dorset Council Household Support Fund website

The Household Support Fund (HSF) is funded by the government and administered by Dorset Council. The fund is designed to provide short-term financial support to vulnerable households who are struggling to afford household essentials this summer.
Citizens Advice in Dorset are managing HSF applications for Dorset Council residents. Vouchers will be issued to residents who meet the eligibility criteria.

Before applying:

The HSF is available to pension age households only. To apply, you will need to complete the online application form (see link below) and have your documents ready to upload.

A household with savings above £10,000 will not be eligible.

If you need help completing the application form, you can ask a family member or support worker to do this for you.

Digital Champions – The Digital Champions in the Libraries will be very happy to assist with applications.

The list of sessions are here: Get online with our volunteer Digital Champions – Dorset Council. And residents can book a slot by calling the Digital Hotline on 01305 221048

About Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice provides free, confidential support and advice to help people find a way forward. We can help with advice on the following: benefits, debt, energy, housing, employment, food insecurity and other charitable help.

Details of how to find your nearest Citizens Advice office can be found here:

Citizens Advice in Dorset is a member of the National Citizens Advice network and are Joint Data Controllers with National Citizens Advice for all the information that you provide and which is held on our systems. Our Privacy Policy can be viewed here

Apply to the Household Support Fund

Applications open on 6th June 2022. There is a limited time to apply and there are eligibility guidelines. Please ensure you have your ID available to upload or show to your support worker for verification.

You will be asked to prove your identity and proof of age of the person in your household who is of State Pension age. Your support worker can verify this for you or you can upload proof on the application form.

You will be asked to upload documents including proof of benefits, a recent bank statement (a clear screen grab or PDF or your online bank statement is OK), energy bills and ID. Photos, scanned documents, screen grab or pdfs are all OK.